Help people of all ages become healthier and happier with a degree from our exercise science program.
You’ll work side-by-side with faculty members and other experts in our human performance lab to learn fitness, nutrition, physiology and clinical research skills to achieve good outcomes for a variety of scenarios.
What You’ll Love About the Exercise Science Program:
- You’ll study all aspects of exercise science, which prepare you for a job after graduation or additional academic work, if you’d like.
- You get to work side-by-side with faculty members and other experts in our human performance lab.
- You’ll experience the satisfaction of helping strong people get stronger, recovering people regain their fitness and health and others fight the obesity epidemic one good decision (based on science) at a time.
- You’ll use interdisciplinary skills — from fitness and nutrition to physiology and clinical research — to achieve good outcomes for a variety of scenarios.
- You’ll probably become healthier yourself, and you’ll be able to debunk various health myths for family and friends.
Professors With a Passion for Exercise Science
Well-respected in the field thanks to ongoing research, publication and presentations at key conferences, our exercise science faculty come from different areas of the field, including:
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Strength and conditioning
- Public health
Reach Your Career Goals
- Exercise science plays an important role as healthcare costs impact all facets of modern life.
Some of the Interesting Classes You May Take
- Physiology of Exercise — Take part in applied study of body system function during exercise.
- Wellness in Special Populations: From Pediatrics to Geriatrics — Examine common pathologies across the lifespan and their implications for exercise participation.
- Sport Nutrition/Substance Abuse — Study scientifically based research on nutrition and diet, weight control and physical conditioning and the foundations of substance abuse.
Gain Real World Experience
You’ll have plenty of chances to put what you learn in the classroom to use in the lives of real people seeking help...