The close work that our faculty and students perform in both classrooms and research labs sets us apart from other biology programs. As a biology or toxicology major you will get the personal attention and mentorship that builds towards a successful career in graduate school, health professional training like medical school, or employment after your bachelor’s degree.
- All of your biology courses, including lab sections, are taught by full-time faculty that are experts in their fields, in class sizes typically ranging from 8 to 24 students
- You will take courses and do scientific research in modern laboratory facilities that will prepare you for diverse science careers, and have access to five environmental preserves, a greenhouse, and human cadaver facility
- Courses and research opportunities in areas such as cell and molecular biology, physiology, toxicology, field ecology, animal biology, aquatic biology, environmental science, forensic science and biotechnology
- Our faculty/student research projects have been supported by over $700,000 in federal funding since 1997
- Being part of a program that has an outstanding record of admission to medical, dental, veterinary, physician assistant and physical therapy schools. Since 2004, over 90 percent of our majors who applied to professional schools were admitted within one year of graduation. Watch faculty and students talk about our pre-professional program